checklink: Cannot access ASP files linked on webpage being checked

From: MCM <Orders1900@Comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:02:43 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

In trying to run your Link checker on my webpage

I am getting the error message that

     What to do: The link is forbidden! This needs fixing. Usual suspects:
a missing index.html or Overview.html, or a missing ACL.
     Response status code: 403
     Response message: Forbidden

In fact the page http://www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp is publicly
accessible and my web hosting provider has confirmed that their server is
correctly configured.  Could this be a bug in your program?  It also occurs
with PHP files that return HTML.

Thank you

Michael McGoodwin