Re: Validator Help

From: Drew Garrett <compnerd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:40:01 -0500
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>, www-validator@w3.org

Sorry for not sending my reply back to the whole list so you could see
what I said.

> One test would be to run onsgmls with the same options that the
> validator calls, e.g.:
>
> /usr/bin/onsgmls -n -c /usr/local/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib/xml.soc -R
> -wvalid -wnon-sgml-char-ref -wno-duplicate -wxml -E0 < foo.html
>
> Seeing whether this runs smoothly or not may help us understand what's
> wrong with your installation.
 Boy did it run smoothly.  I got so many errors for my crappy HTML.
Usually it I am writing HTML it is in a PHP script so this was just
crap I had on my hard drive.  It appears that /usr/bin/onsgmls worked
fine.

--
Drew
http://compnerd.mine.nu