Re: Validator Help

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:04:15 +0900
Cc: Drew Garrett <compnerd@gmail.com>
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>
Drew sent this to me only. It is best to copy the list so that others
can help diagnose the problem.

> On Aug 4, 2004, at 10:21 AM, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>> In order to help you, we would need to know
[snip]

> Oh, I agree, it probably isn't the code, but something with Perl
> itself. I downloaded the latest version (Version 0.67) from the
> tarball.  My OpenSP version is 1.5.1.  I checked the ls again and I
> recieved the same response as before: -rwxr-xr-x, thus executable.
> From this, I can't tell what the problem is.
>
> Note: I took out my comments, it was just a simple test.

  From what I read, all seems fine.

One test would be to run onsgmls with the same options that the
validator calls, e.g.:

/usr/bin/onsgmls -n -c /usr/local/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib/xml.soc -R
-wvalid -wnon-sgml-char-ref -wno-duplicate -wxml -E0 < foo.html

(where foo.html is an HTML document on your drive)

Seeing whether this runs smoothly or not may help us understand what's
wrong with your installation.

--
olivier