From: Ryan Holliday <phidipides2@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:55:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I am not
a regular reader of the list.  All of the pages of my
site were previously marked as valid by the online
validator (http://validator.w3.org/), but I was
running into errors with <a name="foo" /> tags in
Mozilla (see
The problem turned out to be due to the fact that the
<a> tag is a not empty tag according to the DTD, and
therefore <a name="foo" /> should not be seen as
valid, but should instead be specified as <a
name="foo"></a>.  Again, my apologies if this is
something that has been brought up before, but if not
it seems like a valid fix to make.

Ryan Holliday

Do you Yahoo!?