Re: Remaining issue with 0.6.5beta3 (Was: [ANN] Beta test for the Markup Validator)

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:53:14 +0100
Cc: www-validator list <www-validator@w3.org>
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>

On 30 Apr 2004, at 09:46, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> A script was created to ease the output of these messages, but since
> we moved the script to a specific file, some browsers (at least:
> IE6/Win) do not output these boxes and explanations for all errors,
> only a few.

While <script type="text/javascript" src="loadexplanation.js" /> is
valid XHTML, it violates the HTML compatibility guidelines.

I haven't tested it as my local validator install and machine with MSIE
on it isn't at this location, but I believe that changing the above to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="loadexplanation.js"> </script>

will fix it.

David Dorward