Remaining issue with 0.6.5beta3 (Was: [ANN] Beta test for the Markup Validator)

On Apr 30, 2004, at 17:29, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> I am glad to announce the [[ Markup Validator version 0.6.5 # beta 3 ]]

> Given the limited difference with version 0.6.5beta2, and given the
> recent feedback received, we expect the beta test period for the beta
> 3 to be short, and plan to go ahead with the actual release within
> approximately one week, provided that one remaining issue be solved
> (see separate message - your help appreciated -).

The actual remaining issue is with the output of error message
explanations, one of the recent features in 0.6.5: in verbose output
mode, the validator will give, in addition to the "standard" error
messages, a short explanation (along with a boxed message asking for
the contribution of other/better explanations).

A script was created to ease the output of these messages, but since we
moved the script to a specific file, some browsers (at least: IE6/Win)
do not output these boxes and explanations for all errors, only a few.

Sample case:
http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?
uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netscape.com&verbose=1

Not being an expert in JS debugging for IE/Win, I cannot give much more
details about the issue, though I hope it will be enough for someone
used to such issues to understand the problem.

Help on this would much appreciated.

Thank you.
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C / QA / Tools