Re: Page Validates, but problems with validator

David Dorward wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2004, at 15:27, Pete Prodoehl wrote:
>
>> The extension should not matter, as long as the server is sending the
>> correct mime type.
>

> Even if the server is not sending the correct content type, the
> extension still should not matter (this is where I take Internet
> Explorer out into the snow and shoot it).

Ah, yes, I didn't mean to suggest the extension would ever matter, that
was poorly worded on my part.

I'll join you in the shooting of IE, which I've seen ignore the
mime-type the server sends in favor of what it sees as an 'extension' at
the end of a url...

Pete