[checklink] No configuration file preventing from running checklink.pl

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:53:51 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi.

I was wondering about the following:

| hugo@jibboom ~> checklink.pl --help
| Couldn't read configuration.  Set the W3C_CHECKLINK_CFG environment variable
| or copy a configuration file into /etc/w3c/checklink.conf and make sure it is
| readable by the user executing this script.  The reported error was:
| The file "/etc/w3c/checklink.conf" does not exist!
|  at /home/hugo/bin/checklink.pl line 115
|
| BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/hugo/bin/checklink.pl line 125.

I think that the absence of a configuration file should not prevent
one from running checklink.pl, especially since setting
W3C_CHECKLINK_CFG to /dev/null makes it stop complaining.

Any reason to make it die line 118 and not just issue a warning, or
say nothing and add a note about W3C_CHECKLINK_CFG in the help
message?

Regards,

Hugo

--