Re: HTML Validator always fails (check script problem)

From: Phil Walter <phil@eastmore.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:03:34 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 15:06, Phil Walter wrote:
> I have downloaded the HTML validator and got it running on my Linux
> machine.  However is always tells me that pages are not valid HTML.
> Even pages which validate successfully on the publicly accessible
> site.  After some searching I have tracked down the source of the
> problem but don't understand the Perl.

On Fri, 2003-08-29, Ville Skyttä wrote:
Before digging deeper into the code, please double-check that the
onsgmls you've configured validator to use is (from OpenSP) version
1.5.  Using < 1.5 versions results in the behaviour you described above.

Thanks for the reply, I can confirm that the version I am using is 1.5

When the command is issued, the @cmd array contains:
/usr/local/bin/onsgmls -c
/home/web/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib/sgml.soc -E0 -R -wvalid -wnon-sgml-char-
ref -wno-duplicate

Issuing '/usr/local/bin/onsgmls --version' gives :
/usr/local/bin/onsgmls:I: "OpenSP" version "1.5"

Hope this helps.

Phil.
Phil Walter
Eastmore Ltd.