validation problem

From: PEACOCKG (Staff) <PEACOCKG@colchsfc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:28:16 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I have after considerable effort got my page to pass the validation
process, against XHTML strict <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

and have copied the code for the w3c logo as instructed.

The logo links to page  -- http://validator.w3.org/check/referer

 but when I follow the link I get to the following page

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=

This rather disappointingly tells me -- Sorry, this type of URI
<http://www.w3.org/Addressing/#terms>  scheme
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes>  (undefined) is not
supported by this service. Please check that you entered the URI
correctly.

Garry Peacock
The Sixth Form College
Colchester