"The right way"

From: Tom Nicolazzo <nicolazzo5@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:13:24 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

Ok, a simple question:  Where do I go to find out all the correct rules for
writing good HTML?  Everything I've learned about coding, I've gotten by
googling "html tutorial".  I learn tricks and different things to try, but
no free on-line tutorial that I've found even comes close to telling me
about all the things I get validation errors for.  Y'know, a rulebook or
something.

It would be great to have a link to something like that on your site.

For instance, the site in question was written as a newsletter.  A headline.
  The article.  Another headline.  The article that goes with it.
Apparently, that's a no-no.  At least, you shouldn't use headings for your
headings.

The *fun* part of the errors, of course, is that all the crap that the
web-host puts on my pages generates the most errors!

So, this is being posted?  Do I know where?

Sincerely,

Tom

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
service providers in your area). Click here.   https://broadband.msn.com