Error in W3c HTML 4.01 validator?

From: Lars Hallberg <lah@micropp.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:10:09 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

I found this to be a confusing report, sins when is <ul> only alowed
inside aplets and buttons?? The URL of the tested page is www.micropp.se

Ther might still bee some error in the page (even if I don't think so),
but the belowe report don't help much.

The error report:

  Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an
SGML parser.

    1. Line 62, column 3: document type does not allow element "UL"
here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

   <ul>
      ^

    2. Line 69, column 3: document type does not allow element "UL"
here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

   <ul>
      ^

    3. Line 76, column 3: document type does not allow element "UL"
here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

   <ul>
      ^

I'm not on this list, so if You see need to respond, pleas do so to my
email adress. Sorry if I'm totaly have missundstod somthing, and thanks
for anny responce, and for the validating service (who usaly don't
confuse me like this ;-)

/LaH