2 questions

From: Wells, Stormie <stormie.wells@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:22:19 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

I am writing just out of curiosity more than anything else.

1.  Why is the validator case sensitive on event attributes, such as
"onkeypress" instead of "onKeyPress"?  Same question for method="POST" vs.
method="post"  I am trying to promote adoption of this standard and I was
wondering if there was a specific source I could reference that stated that
the case should be all lower and not mixed.

2.  Is there anyway to customize the validator so that individuals can
require elements for their site that are not traditionally required?
"maxlength" and "size" for all input text fields, for example.

Thank you for your time,

Stormie

Stormie Wells
EDS Business Acceleration Services - Colorado

Colorado Springs:  719-533-2132
Boston:  617-246-3735
stormie.wells@eds.com