Re: http-equiv="refresh" redirects ignored in markup validator

Hello Lloyd, Lars, all
On Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003, at 00:09 Asia/Tokyo, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> Would really like to know why that W3C page links to an apache
> url-rewriting guide filled with regexp examples, rather than
> information on the Apache Redirect (older RedirectPermanent and
> RedirectTemporary) directives in .htaccess files, which are what's
> really needed here.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/en/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

Well, let's not forget my good old motto... That the validator and
related resources (and the tips obviously belong to this category)
belong to the community.  So instead of "I don't understand why W3C", I
wish it would be more "this resource needs improvement, here's my
sugggestion".

After your reaction and Lars', I certainly acknowledge that the
"redirect" tip is not good enough and would benefit from some
improvement... As Terje mentioned, the Tips suffer from our lack of
resources, but since this discussion thread provided us with enough
good tidbits of information, I took a stab at updating the "reback" tip.

Did I mention _feedback welcome_?

--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org