http-equiv="refresh" redirects ignored in markup validator

From: Lars Holst <lholst@robotics.lu.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:43:27 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Re: http://validator.w3.org/

When trying to validate http://www.inug.nu/ in the Markup Validator (regular
and Beta versions), I get the following error message:

"No DOCTYPE Declaration Found! Falling Back to HTML 4.01 Transitional"

Cause:

Under the root directory, I have an "index.shtml" file that redirects the
visitor to another directory where the actual index file resides as a php
file, as follows:

Now, it is true that the "index.shtml" file does not feature a doctype, but
that is not the document I want validated.
It's http://www.inug.nu/en/home/.

If the validator could be made to follow these kinds of redirects it would
be helpful.

Lars Holst