Re: http-equiv="refresh" redirects ignored in markup validator

Greetings Lars,

On Monday, Jul 28, 2003, at 18:43 Asia/Tokyo, Lars Holst wrote:
> Under the root directory, I have an "index.shtml" file that redirects
> the
> visitor to another directory where the actual index file resides as a
> php
> file, as follows:

> URL=http://www.inug.nu/en/home/" />

Please read <http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/reback>: <meta
http-equiv="Refresh"> is not a recommended (i.e, it's ugly) way to do a
redirect. The Markup validator does supports the recommended HTTP-based
redirects.

> If the validator could be made to follow these kinds of redirects it
> would
> be helpful.

Not sure about this either. If someone tries to validate a file, the
validator should probably validate this file, not whatever it refreshes
to after n seconds (I know, the case n=0 is a limit case but better
forget this practice anyway).

cheers,
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/