[Fwd: Broken link in a W3C validator page.]

From: Vivien Lacourba <vivien@w3.org>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 12:19:31 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

On the validator page, links to W3C pages included in the footer are
They refer to validator.w3.org instead of www.w3.org
I checked the source file, and the issue seemed to be solved in an other
version of the footer page (footer.html Rev:, but the current
version is the
It is very strange because the latest version is the 1.8.

Maybe it coul be a good thing to include the version of the page in the
HTML code, so that they could be displayed directly in in the browser.

Vivien Lacourba                                 vivien@w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium                   http://www.w3.org
W3C Webmaster   MIT / CSAIL

attached mail follows:

I wasn't sure about to who I should have sent this e-mail.
But, there is broken link in a http://validator.w3.org/ site.

In the text "Copyright © 1994-2003..." that Copyright link doensn't work.
It goes to -> http://validator.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice
And that page gives me an errorcode 404 (Not Found).

Sorry about my bad english :) I'm from Finland.

Pertti Viitala

dimoon @ ircnet/quakenet