re: doc type for Front Page 2002 Index page "fatal error: no doctype specified"

From: <Wilsilcom190@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:28:25 EST
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hello,

I recently ran the W3c Mark Up Validation Service that said my Index  page
had a "Fatal Error:  No Doctype specified."

The document type on my Index page says:

o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-htm

l40"</>

I had an analysis completed that said to replace the v (original coding) and
name it "version"  and o above replace with the name "version."

Can you suggest what the correct document type is supposed to read
at the beginning of my html code on the Index page?

I am using Front Page 2002, as the editing program writing some of the code
myself.

I certainly want to make sure the search engines can find the site and give
it decent ranking.

Thank you.

Earl Silva
Webmaster Designer