Suggestion: Allow override when DOCTYPE present

From: Ray DeGennaro <raymond.degennaro.ii@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:50:54 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org

I've encountered a number of web sites that have <DOCTYPE ...> tags,
but contain totally made-up data.  Right now, the Validator returns
an error message.  It would be nice to force a valid <DOCTYPE ...>
(like what's currently done for a missing <DOCTYPE ...>) and have the
page revalidated.  See
<http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProductSKU&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=4150>
as an example.

Ray