Re: Newbie problems setting up validator

From: Peter Burden <jphb@scit.wlv.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:09:32 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Yes, it's definitely an 'onsgmls' problem - 'onsgmls' crashes
and doesn't generate any of the files that validator expects.

onsgmls is version 1.5, gcc is 3.1, validator is 1.305.2.12
OS is Solaris 2.7

Even crashes if I just type (on the command line)

onsgmls -v < /dev/null

so it's not really a validator problem. [Other OpenSP
things such as ospam, osx and ospent also generate
segmentation faults with just -v on the command line.]

The onsgmls build is clean and I haven't set any
configuration options (other than "prefix") so we're
not using XMLMEssages.