Re: Translation of the validator's documentation

On Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003, at 09:10 Asia/Tokyo, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> However, translation of the documentation is very welcome.

> Contributors wishing to submit a translation of part or all of the
> validator's documentation can do so by sending a message to the
> validator's list (www-validator@w3.org) with the  W3C translators list
> (w3c-translators@w3.org) in copy, with either a URL for the translated
> document or the translation attached (the former is preferred).

A few details I forgot or didn't clearly give (thanks Bjoern for
reminding me).
- Translators should announce their translation (to both lists) before
they start to avoid duplicates.
- For any questions, translators should feel free to ask the
w3c-translators for anything about the translation process (there are
seasoned translators of many languages who are ready to help, there...)
or www-validator for questions related to the validator
- the translations will be hosted on the validator.w3.org site, with
due credit given to the translator(s)

> Recommended reading (not exactly applicable since we're not talking
> about W3C specifications, but interesting nonetheless):
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html#translate

Regards,
--
olivier