Re: Newbie problems setting up validator

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 08 Aug 2003 17:03:25 +0300
To: Peter Burden <jphb@scit.wlv.ac.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 16:35, Peter Burden wrote:
> Thanks both.
>
>     Apache's SetEnv did the trick.

Ah, good.

>     However validator now refuses to say OK for a page
>     known to be OK and doesn't report the errors. The
>     following appears in the log:-
>
>     check: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /export/home/local/util/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check line 591.

What version of the validator are you using?  Ie. what's the $VERSION in
the "check" script or the value of the <meta name="revision"> element in
the results page from your local validator?

>     Any suggestions would be welcome !
>
>     I have a suspicion this may be someting to do with 'onsgmls'

You're probably right.  Validator needs onsgmls from OpenSP 1.5.  You
should see something like:

$ onsgmls -v < /dev/null
onsgmls:I: "OpenSP" version "1.5"
[...]