RE: Error in validator: 1st <table> treated differently in XHTML transitional?

Purodha B Blissenbach wrote:

> Validator does not like 'colspacing=' and 'colpadding='
> in the first table in the document, see line 69, while in
> lines 77, 91, and 183 it accepts tables having identical
> attribute lists.

The attributes aren't called "colspacing" and "colpadding",
but "cellspacing" and "cellpadding". Also, it's not good
practice to set display properties in HTML; you should use
CSS instead.

I can also see that you are using <table> for presentational
layout, and I can't understand why as the page you are
referring to is plain and single-columned. Use <p>'s to
indicate paragraphs, and when some positional grips are
needed, use CSS.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-          X-No-Archive: No
"He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away"