Re: validation of whitespace before the XML prologue

Jan Egil Kristiansen <janegil@landsbank.fo> wrote:

>I tried to validate an ISO-8859-1 encoded XML page with that starts with
>whitespace.
>
>The error message was "I was not able to extract a character encoding
>...".
>
>Maybe "Document has to start with BOM or '<'." might be easier to
>understand?

That result is from a combination of different factors, which is what
causes the error message to be somewhat odd. We're investigating ways to
deal better with that. Thanks for your feedback on this.

--
Now Playing "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by "Nina Simone"",
 from the album "Feeling Good - The Very Best Of".