minor bug in http://validator.w3.org/check/referer

From: Jon Ribbens <jon+www-validator@unequivocal.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:06:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

If you visit the above URL without a Referer: header, it returns the
301 "Moved Permanently" response code. This is incorrect, it should be
returning the 302 "Found" response code. The HTTP RFC says of 301,
"Clients with link editing capabilities ought to automatically re-link
references to the Request-URI" and this clearly would clearly not be
appropriate in this case.

It is pretty minor I guess but if even w3.org can't get its HTTP
right, how can they expect anyone else to? ;-)

Please Cc: any responses to me since I am not on the list.