Re: aligning Tables right in HTML 4.01 Strict...?

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:56:26 -0700
To: hauser@acm.org
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

scripsit Ralf Hauser:

> > table.langSel { margin-right:0 ; margin-left:auto; }
> That's what the Mozilla composer suggested, but my IE 5.0 just doesn't
> display it properly.

IE5 is badly broken in many ways.  Even IE6 doesn't do a lot of CSS
properly, although they're very slowly getting better.

> Luckily, it does work with <table style="float: right"> as suggested by
> Steven.

That's actually the correct way if you want text to `flow' around the
table to the left.  Beware horrible (and unpredictable) nastiness with
NS4 and CSS floats, however.

--
This e-mail was brought to you by the number e.

Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul