Re: HTML 4.0 Transitional validation not completely compliant to

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:32:16 +0900
To: "Praktikant (e-Health)" <e-Health.Praktikant@med.siemens.de>
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi again,

> >As for your problem, without the HTML code the validator
> >claims is invalid I can't tell you more than "check
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/index/attributes.html
> >for the list of tags with which you are allowed to use the valign
> >attribute".
> the code used is:
> <TD class=leftNav vAlign=top>

This *is* valid html 4.0 (or I'm really tired), but I'm not convinced
there is a bug with the validator.

I made a quick test with exactly the code given:

And the validator is happy with it, and I don't think there can be a bug
here with the upload version and not the HTTP one, so I guess something
*else* is wrong.

Are you sure the DTD of the document you try to validate is correct
(check my example)?

Olivier Thereaux - W3C
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org