Re: Beta: XML Output

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:39:47 +0000 (GMT)
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

On 29 Oct 2002, Terje Bless wrote:

> FWIW, a real SOAP interface to the Validator was one of the things I was
> contemplating for the next version (depending on how hard it turned out
> to be to implement), so there is a chance the XML version (this usage of
> it, anyways) would obsolete itself then.

As a potential user, I would be much more interested in a SOAP or XML-RPC
interface than one which used yet another custom language such as the
current one. Other people apparently agree since there is already an
XML-RPC proxy for the XML:

   http://simon.incutio.com/archive/2002/10/28/#w3cValidatorWebService