Re: DTDs - not a fixed set

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:35:26 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Nick Kew wrote:

>>>It's supposed to fetch DTD over HTTP so if this fails we have a bug.
>>Should check the SP version used.  jjc's original didn't support
>>virtual hosts (Host: HTTP header).  I think the update's in OpenSP, but
>>now you mention the problem, it might be an idea to double-check:-)
>>
>>Liam - could your recent security patch affect this?
>
>It shouldn't, but it's possible that there's a bug.  A sample document
>would be very helpful.

I just checked the version of SP in use on :8001. It's OpenSP 1.5pre8 with
--enable-http and -R support. Running "onsgmls -R http://localhost/" worked
like a charm. IOW it's not any obvious breakage in SP that's causing this,
but it may of course be a problem with vhost support or something more
subtle.

--
"Temper Temper! Mr. Dre? Mr. NWA? Mr. AK, comin´
 straight outta Compton and y'all better make way?"            -- eminem