Re: Beta: xml-stylesheet and xml:lang

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:00:45 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Terje Bless:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>>Looking at the source code of http://validator.w3.org:8001/ I noted
>>the text/html delivered XHTML 1.0 Strict document does not follow the
>>compatibility guidelines of the XHTML 1.0 Second Edition recommendation,
>>e.g. it uses only "xml:lang" to specify the language of the document (it
>>should use both, 'xml:lang' and 'lang')

> Fixed in CVS. Will be in next update.

This raises another issue: It would be very handy if the validator could
check XHTML 1.0 documents for conformance with those compatibility
guidelines. I know that is strictly and technically not a validation
task, but from a practical viewpoint it would be a great help indeed.

For XHTML 1.0 docs served as "text/html" conformance with those
guidelines can be much more important than actual validity.

Just a thought...

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>