Re: Beta: xml-stylesheet and xml:lang

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:38:27 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

>Looking at the source code of http://validator.w3.org:8001/ I noted
>the text/html delivered XHTML 1.0 Strict document does not follow the
>compatibility guidelines of the XHTML 1.0 Second Edition recommendation,
>e.g. it uses only "xml:lang" to specify the language of the document (it
>should use both, 'xml:lang' and 'lang')

Fixed in CVS. Will be in next update.

>and does not use the xml-stylesheet processing instruction to reference
>the style sheet.

That's for when you serve the document as XML and suffers from the same
caveats as the XML Decl (which bears a strange resmeplance to a PI itself
;D).

BTW, this also goes to adress your earlier comments on filename extensions.
At some point in the future, I'll make XHTML 1.1 versions of all the pages
on v.w3.org. These will be named .xhtml and all links will be changed to
omit the filename extension so browsers can conneg between the XHTML 1.0 as
text/html and XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml.

The new versions will (probably) use the xml-stylesheet PI.

--
"A plague o' both your houses! I am sped." - Mercutio, kinsman to the Prince.
                   See Project Gutenberg <URL:http://promo.net/pg/> for more.