Re: Public beta test of the W3C Markup Validator

"Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org> wrote in message

> So as I said, one way to make the validator work best within the
> constraints of incorrect MIME types being set by file upload would be
> to use our own server mime.types file to create the MIME type, as it
> the file was being served from our server (which it is, briefly).

I'm very much against this, sniffing on webservers with the documents
work, but if I decide to map .html on my webserver to xhtml that's down
to me, and I do not want the validator deciding it should be treated as
text/html and not application/xhtml+xml based on some guesswork that it
cannot use.

I would much prefer an extra field for specifying the mime-type of the
uploaded document.

Jim.