Public beta test of the Markup Validator - css display issue

From: sasha <spam@bittersweet2.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:25:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi, I'm not a part of this mailing list, and I wasn't
sure what was the appropriate way to report this
little issue, but the site said that this is where to
go...

http://validator.w3.org:8001/

I ran through 2 sites that I had already validated
with the current public validator, one was valid and
the other was invalid.  The valid page looks great,
but the invalid page needs a small adjustment in the
CSS.

The CSS controlling the line "This Page Is NOT Valid
HTML 4.01 Transitional!" makes the link for HTML 4.01
(particularly if the link has been visited, making it
purple against burgundy).  It doesn't appear to have
the same link class being used in the valid one,
making the link text a gray color.

sasha