Content Negotiation and Minor Nitpicking

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:57:31 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

For the matter of content negotiation it would be nice if one could choose
in <http://validator.w3.org:8001/detailed.html> the Accept (text/html vs.
application/xhtml+xml), Accept-Language and perhaps Accept-Encoding HTTP
headers sent by the validator.

I don't think /detailed.html is the best choice, "advanced" seems to be more
common for an extended interface, e.g. at Google or in Windows.

I hope there'll be translated versions.

| This Page Is NOT Valid XYZ

I'm not sure if it's correct English to capitalize here. Anyhow, this could
(and should IMHO) be accomplished with CSS:

   h2#results        {text-transform: capitalize}
   h2#results strong {text-transform: uppercase}

| To show your readers that you have taken the care to create an
| interoperable Web page, you may display this icon
                                          ^^^^^^^^^
There's an icon in the upper left and one in the lower right, while the
inclusion code is in the middle. Which icon will I get? (/I/ know that.)

There really should be support for other media types as well.

Christoph