Content Negotiation and Minor Nitpicking

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:57:31 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

For the matter of content negotiation it would be nice if one could choose
in <http://validator.w3.org:8001/detailed.html> the Accept (text/html vs.
application/xhtml+xml), Accept-Language and perhaps Accept-Encoding HTTP
headers sent by the validator.

I don't think /detailed.html is the best choice, "advanced" seems to be more
common for an extended interface, e.g. at Google or in Windows.

I hope there'll be translated versions.

| This Page Is NOT Valid XYZ

I'm not sure if it's correct English to capitalize here. Anyhow, this could
(and should IMHO) be accomplished with CSS:

   h2#results        {text-transform: capitalize}
   h2#results strong {text-transform: uppercase}

| To show your readers that you have taken the care to create an
| interoperable Web page, you may display this icon
There's an icon in the upper left and one in the lower right, while the
inclusion code is in the middle. Which icon will I get? (/I/ know that.)

There really should be support for other media types as well.