Beta: Links to advanced results

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:09:22 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

  The advanced interface at [1] POSTs data to the remote resource. I
don't like that, but if you want to combine file upload and validation
by URI in the same form, you don't have a choice. However, on the result
page I get told

  If you would like to create a link to this page (i.e., this validation
  result) to make it easier to re-validate this page in the future or to
  allow others to validate your page, the URI is
  http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=<URI> (or you can just add the
  current page to your bookmarks or hotlist.)

The link does not include the advanced options I chose, neither is it
possible to add the current page to my bookmarks or hotlist, since the
resource is not GETable.

Three possible solutions:

  remove the bookmark note and add parameters to the URI
  respond with 302/303 and redirect to a parameterized URI
  make it two forms and GET the results

[1] http://validator.w3.org:8001/detailed.html