Re: checklink: 406 errors

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 19:23:16 +0300
To: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> I have noticed that when this error is generated there is no
> msg about what it is    or about how to fix it !!!
> is it a new addition that needs plugging data into
> program  ???  //

406 is "Not Acceptable", see
<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.7>.  I'm
not sure how this error should be reported, maybe a blurb like:

  The server couldn't provide a suitable response matching checklink's
  HTTP request headers. Try checking without sending the Accept-Language
  header.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi