Re: The beta validator

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:48:00 +0100
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, elfin <elfin@lspace.org>

Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>One thought would be to display it a little later in the document, in
>the middle of the text.  Of course coming first is good for non-visual
>browsers, but CSS positioning could place it more centrally for visual
>displays.

It's placed where it is because it's a heading and belongs there in the
structure of the document. OTOH, there is nothing suggesting that the Tip
of The Day (e.g.) needs to be where it is, or that the "This is Valid" bit
can't have more distance from other elements to make it stand out more.

I'm a little sceptical of arbitrarily placing elements using CSS just
because one can, but...

--
"Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available from BeOpen PythonLabs.   There is a long
 list of new features since Python 1.6, released earlier today. We don't plan