Re: xhtml and lang=en identifier

From: Gannon J. Dick <gdick@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:44:25 -0600
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>, <www-validator@w3.org>

These are OS level peculiarities too, I think.  I set my IIS to put out
application/xhtml+xml for a "xhtml" extension.  Now the Beta Validator
works, but the Classic doesn't. The IE6 display
is peculiar too, with a xml declaration it shows the tree with the Public
DTD identifier as a "version"
attribute or as HTML content without.  Oh, did I mention that you have to
point the System
identifier at a local copy of the XHTML 1.1 DTD because the parser errors
out trying to load
non-existant modules?  Somebody should write a book on how to make your
users feel stupid
while still technically being compliant.  Dorothy, we're not in UNIX any
more.

Gannon J. Dick