Re: xhtml and lang=en identifier

"Ville Skyttä" <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote in message
news:1037041466.28528.391.camel@bobcat.ods.org...

>On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 18:32, Jim Ley wrote:

>> > MS has to support MIME type, and DOCTYPE as recognized information
>> transfer
>> > methods, they just don't want to (see:NIH Syndrome) for commercial
>> reasons.
>>
>> IE hasn't had a release since the mime-type was registered...

>IE 6 SP1 was released in the beginning of September.  I don't know if it
>"fixes" this, though.
><http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/evaluation/ie6sp1.asp>

It does not, it's a service pack, somewhat different to re-writing your
main parsing and rendering components to be XML rather than SGML, don't
you think, or were you suggesting that IE should just chuck XHTML through
it's tag-soup parser?  (which if you want to do it's easy enough to do
yourself.)

Jim.