Re: Beta: application/xhtml+xml vs. HTML documents

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:02:49 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

>  http://www.bjoernsworld.de/temp/xhtml-html.xhtml is
>application/xhtml+xml delivered valid HTML 2.0 document:
>
>  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
>  <title//
>
>The Validator says "This Page Is NOT Valid HTML 2.0!" as a result of
>using the SGML parser in XML mode [...]

Thanks, I've logged this but don't think we'll do anything about it least
for this version. In a sense it _is_ invalid as all valid document types to
send as app/xhtml+xml are XML based. But I do see the problem with this.

--
By definition there is _no_way_ any problem can be my fault. Any problems
you think you can find in my code are in your imagination. If you continue