Re: Beta: XHTML 1.0 in XML Schema

* Terje Bless wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>>I don't really see that there is a lot we can do about this. Until and
>>>unless the HTML WG issues updated DTDs for XHTML 1.0 -- and we do have
>>>DTDs that were updated after the specification went to REC and moved
>>>into /TR! -- we need to play the hand we were dealt. That means using
>>>Schema with XHTML 1.0 involves modifying the Internal Subset to include
>>>the requisite attribute definitions.
>>
>>That'd make the XHTML 1.0 document invalid (or call it non strictly
>>conforming) but the Validator does not report any errors. Bad Validator.

>But as mentioned, if the HTML WG is willing to give me an excuse for it,
>I'm willing to use modified DTDs to enable this. An errata on the XHTML 1.0
>Recommendation... A note from the HTML WG suggesting this is the intended
>or desireable behaviour (cf. the TAG's recent penchant for issuing "formal
>opinions")... etc.
>
>This has to come from the HTML WG; I can't make this change unilaterally!

You are missing my point. The document

      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" [
  <!ATTLIST html
      xmlns:xsi CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation CDATA #IMPLIED

  ]>
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
          http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-strict.xsd">

is either invalid XHTML 1.0 Strict or as valid as

      "http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
          http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-strict.xsd">

I'd be fine if the validator ignores the internal subset and thus claims
both documents to be invalid.