Bug?

From: John Thomson <John@SHAL.ORG>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:28:51 +0100
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

Having read the contribution of others under the "bug" heading, it is
probably my mistake  ....

But, I have tried to validate www.qhp.org.uk and the validator obviously
doesn't like the use of applet.  Whilst I acknowledge that the use of applet
is deprecated, there is nothing I can find that says it cannot be used,
either in HTML4.1 or XHTML1.0, and I find "object" so often doesn't work on
older browsers.

The validator says, for instance, that "class" cannot be used with applet.

Any ideas?