Valid HTML Images (Referrer Check)

From: Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:37:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Minor note:

A lot of sites use the W3C HTML 4.01 web badge to show that their site
has valid HTML.  However, I noticed that the GIF image is quite
unnecessarily large at 2328 bytes.  The PNG is even larger.  Using
PhotoShop, I got the GIF down to 785 bytes without any noticeable
degradation in quality.  It could get a bit smaller too.  I think this
would benefit those downloading or linking to the image to have a
smaller one.  i.e. It will save bandwidth.

Robert