Re: Possible bug in validator: noscript

From: Will Woodhull <willw@wizzards.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 07:06:06 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Thank you, everyone, for your replies.

I had not picked up on <noscript> being limited to containing only flow
elements. In a sort of defense, intuition suggests that it should be useable
in any context where <script> is allowed. Even now that I know what to look
for, I can't find any suggestion of its limitation in the three books on
HTML that I have regarded as definitive.

I wonder what the rationale for this limitation was? (ah, that's
rhetorical-- I really don't need to know).

There remains an aspect or two of this that I find puzzling-- I may be back
with a related question if I cannot noodle it out for myself.

Thanks again, everyone, for the clarification.

--
Will