Re: validator bug?

From: <olleo@sics.se>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 05:45:48 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

 Quoting Kai Wegner <atmankai@kepler.einstein.hw>:

 > Hi,
 >
 > When I wanted to validate my pages, your validator said:
 >
 >     *  Line 165, column 50:
 >
 >   ...                    <a href="index.php?person=gisa&menue=email&adresse=

 >                                                         ^
 >
 >       Error: unknown entity "menue"
 >     * Line 165, column 50:

 That this question repeatedly appears is a sign of a problem. Either there is
 no simple way (i.e. a guide doc) that allows a user to decipher error
messages.
 Or there is such a document, but it is not easy to find out about its
 existence.

 Perhaps error messages might be annotated with a pointer to a rule about how
 some error messages should be interpreted.

 /olle