Doctype override

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 03:13:04 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I see lots of confusion about the new doctype override feature. People
think they have to select a document type from the list and I have to
admit, a form like

  Document Type: [_______________]

implies the same thing to me, even though I would think about the
"detect automatically". Validator should check, whether selected
document type and document type found in the document match and not give
that hoorrible warning about doctype override in effect if they match,
especially because it is not in effect in that case.

regards.