Mysterious chracter

From: IOMSA (Adam Jackson ) <webmaster@iomsa.org.im>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:44:28 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
When I try to validate I get the following message on one of my pages:
"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 108 it
contained some byte(s) that I cannot interpret as utf-8. Please check both
the content of the file and the character encoding indication. "
    I cannot find this character anywhere. Also, in the asp script, it's
thinking that empty fields are not empty.
Has anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped,
Thanks in advance,
~Adam