Re: validator not doing application/xhtml+xml

Terje Bless <link@pobox.com> wrote:

> >    http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3236.txt
>
> #  This document only registers a new MIME media type,
> #  'application/xhtml+xml'.  It does not define anything more than is
> #  required to perform this registration.
>
> This is not progress; this is status quo. The first I-D said as much.

This *is* progress.  Now that 'application/xhtml+xml' appears in
the IANA MIME Media Types registry [1], and people may officially
use it, for example, the validator may support it.  That's quite
different from something just mentioned in an I-D.

> Is
> there reason to believe I will find something more substantive later in
> that document when I find the time to read the rest of it?

What "substantive" information you are looking for?

[ If you want to continue this discussion, please move to www-html@w3.org.
  This is no longer a validator's issue. ]

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org