Re: validator not doing application/xhtml+xml

Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> wrote:

>Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Just for the record:
>>
>> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg15878.html
>>
>> says that application/xhtml+xml has been approved as an informal RFC
>> by the IESG. So I don't see any big reason to wait to implement that
>> in the validator.
>
>Just for the record, now that it has been published as RFC 3236, so
>I see no reason to wait to implement that in the validator.
>
>    http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3236.txt

#  This document only registers a new MIME media type,
#  'application/xhtml+xml'.  It does not define anything more than is
#  required to perform this registration.

This is not progress; this is status quo. The first I-D said as much. Is
there reason to believe I will find something more substantive later in
that document when I find the time to read the rest of it?