Re: Validator gets wrong input

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Marcus Fuchs wrote:

> I tried to validate following file:
> http://members.tripod.de/FuchsMarcus/copyright.htm
>
> In the results your validator says (among other thinks):
>
> <----- Start of quote----->
> Source Listing
> Below is the source input I used for this validation:
>
>   [snip]
>   63:
>   64: </BODY>
>   65: </html>
>   [snip]
> <----- End of quote ----->
>
> In line 64 he finds an error, because he couldn't find the starting
> tag <BODY>, he finds: <body>.

Your document uses an XHTML DOCTYPE.  XHTML is case-sensitive.
So yes, that is an error.

> Could it be done by the Tripodserver, or is it a bug. I'm sure that
> I use <body> </body>.

Have you tried re-uploading?  It would seem strange indeed for tripod
(or anyone) to change the case of one of the tags.

> Sorry for my english.

No problem - it's better than some of the brits and americans on Usenet.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>